Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Two Boys


Andrew approaches me when I am holding Will sometimes and says, "No, Mommy, hold both boys" (or "two boys"). It is sort of unbelievable that I really do have two boys, and one of them is old enough to say so.


We all miss Brig's mom very very much since she left me all alone :) last Tuesday. Andrew has even mentioned that he misses Momo. We bought him a little truck that came with a working toy drill. The idea was that Will had gotten him the gift, but when we quizzed him on who the gift came from, he replied, "Momo." She got him so much stuff that he thinks every gift is from her.


Andrew's adjustment is, I am sure, perfectly normal, but that doesnt really make it any less stressful for me. He acts up often during the morning. I think we are both a little stir crazy, too, since we dont really leave the apartment. The other day, I had to plop him in his room after an incident of misbehavior. The heartbroken and devastated look on his sobbing face as I marched out the room , pulling the door behind me, made me feel terrible and guilty. He is still so little, too, and all of this must be so overwhelming. When I went back in 3 min later to resolve things with him, I took him in my arms and began telling him a story about a happy boy and his mommy. At this point, Andrew interrupted me and said, "No, Momma, Andrew not a happy boy. Andrew a sad boy." My heart broken. I asked him why he was said, expecting silence. But he replied, "Andrew miss a Momma." It was so sad. Fortunately, Baby Will sleeps pretty well and independently, so Andrew and I have a lot of time to play alone during the day. Andrew does take an interest in Will, too, and when Will has slept for too long, Andrew will announce, "Andrew miss a baby Will! Wake up, Baby, wake up!" and begin streaking for the room where little Will lies sleeping.

This photo was taken when Andrew returned home from Church and demanded to be allowed to hold Will.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Alexandra - what a beautiful picture of you and your little guys. If you ever need to get out you are always welcome to hang out with us. (I never have the car, otherwise I'd come keep you company!). I'm sure Andrew will get through this rough patch....and it will all be worth it, when in a year or so they are best friends and will keep each other totally entertained!

Paul said...

Oh! Your story almost made me cry! I know how you must feel, because I have a hard time imagining how Benjamin will have when the time comes for him to share his mommy. Poor Andrew! Just so you know, I think you're a wonderful mom.

melissa said...

Wow Alexandra, you're boys are so adorable! Congratulations! I would love to see you again soon; unfortunately now that my parents-in-law are not in Virginia, we don't come down much any more...