Friday, February 08, 2008

I am Grateful for Abby Because . . .

Abby, your mission went by so fast, we never even had the chance to mail you more than one letter! We are so happy to have you back and we are excited to see you again soon.

10 Things we Missed About ABIGAIL:

10) the Laugh. No one else has it.
9) Supernanny Skills. You would think she was an unwed mom, but she's just got that magic touch.
8) Nonjudgmental, without abandoning her own opinions--or voice of those opinions. A rare combination of traits.
7) Fun. Abby makes everything fun.
6) She watched The River Wild with me at 2am. (See also # 7.) That really is a trait.
5) Insightful: this is a quality that runs in Cannon/Barney women (I am talking about the genetically Cannon/Barney, not myself). Abby knows exactly what is going on inside people's heads and behind their actions.
4) Helpful: Abby is never sitting around idle when people need assistance. She doesn't even keep score on her helpfulness.
3) Humble. She doesn't realize how one of a kind she is. You know how some people know that they are quirky in a fun way and are sort of proud? She just is who she is and doesn't think much about it at all.
2) Honest. I have never heard of nor witnessed her lie or equivocate. She will give it to you straight, too. It will only offend you if you take yourself way too seriously.
1) Extremely Spiritually Mature. I know this from having read her letters home from her mission.

Bonus: she is a friend to all: the handless, the albino, the mean-spirited, the obnoxious, plus those outside her family, too!

Abby, please live with me and help me raise my children. We love you!
Love, Brigham, Alexandra, Andrew and William

4 comments:

Tat said...

Do you want to talk about your albino rage?

alexandra said...

that has got to be the funniest comment ever left on my blog. and yes, i do want to talk about it.

Dad said...

Thanks for appreciating my dear sweet Abigail! Love, Momo

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Hey, Alex:). I'm currently not writing my brother Marshall on his mission enough, so you inspire me. Peanut's doing really well. She married Eric Buechner (high school sweetheart) and they live in Lehi, Utah with their two little girls, River and Haven. She's also expecting a little boy in May:). She's a stay-at-home mommy, which is incredible because she's the smartest person I've ever met in my life. My mom says she pours her brilliance into her prodigy children, which I buy. I talk to her every day (except when I'm feeling really stingy about minutes) so I've been catching her up on you, Lauren, Meredith, and Jenny. You look beautiful, BTW.