Saturday, February 06, 2010

the one where i review the baltimore aquarium


and give it a B. It is cool, but for the $$$, I did expect a bit more. Caveat: I am rather demanding.
The jellyfish were one of the best things at the aquarium, in Brigham's and my opinion. They are a not a permanent exhibit, though, so if you do want to go, I suggest you do it while your dollar buys the jellyfish, too.
If I were to ever again trust myself with caring for living things besides kids, I would want an aquarium of jellyfish that we kept in a darkly lit room. It was that cool.
We also saw the Dolphin Show, which was an extra $15 or so for the three oldest of us, and while it left something to be desired, I do feel that it is a necessary part of the Aquarium package considering the price of the GA ticket.
The "Australia Room" exhibit reminded me a lot of the National Zoo's Amazonia house, but it was still fun.

I think that the next time we visit Baltimore, we will do it when the weather is warmer and we can ride on the water taxis and take tours of the submarine and ship we saw (and which you can see in some of the photos of us in the cafeteria) docked outside.

I would like to remember that Brigham and I laughed all the way home listening to Jim Gaffigan on our ipod. The boys watched Scooby in the back. We even got home in time to attend a friend's turkey mole party and let the boys run crazy in their house.

It was a great first day to the new year.

12 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

The pictures of the boys and the jellyfish were great - those were worth the trip and they will last!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us through pictures - we love you!

Jenny said...

I love the pictures--especially that first one! Have you tried out the Port Discovery children's museum in Baltimore? I bet your boys would love it.

Unknown said...

I've always thought the Baltimore Aquarium was overpriced too. It's fun every once in a while. I love the jelly fish pictures!

Michelle said...

love it. I haven't been since I was pregnant with Damon! I really need to get there, but the price keeps making me delay it...(as if in 3 months, we'll have so much more money than we do now) - good to hear about the jelly fish - looks very cool

Erin said...

Fun!! I love that you are getting out and doing so much!

I had to laugh at the candy dish story! What great parenting...I'll remember that trick!

Lyndsay said...

I'm with you on having a dark jellyfish room--and for us it will be just for taking pictures in front of. Spectacular.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Ah, I love being caught up by you. Thank you.

Carolina said...

I've come back to this post a few times just to look at the pictures of the jelly fish. Makes me want to visit an aquarium.

Abigail said...

I think you are realizing your dream of becoming great snapshot photographer. Your boys and I must say those fish look amazing. I'm excited to hear about your adventures in/to the Pacific. You guys are such a great couple, thank you for your example. I love you all so much. I LOVE MY FAMILY!

Erin said...

Still waiting for the Hawaii entry that will make me sick with envy!!!

Thanks for your comments...I always look forward to them :) You are great Alexandra!!!

I've been meaning to ask you, are you very familiar with places to live in Maryland? We have a general area to look in (Rockville up to Hereford) but we feel totally lost!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I'm waiting for your health care post. Relatively patiently.

Erin said...

Still waiting for those Hawaii pictures!!! :)