Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Green Acres is the Place to Be

We decided to experience Amish Country this Labor Day weekend. I was able to get a room for us at a B&B on a real working farm called Green Acres.
We drove up and spent Saturday at Dutch Wonderland. We spent that night and the next day on the farm, which the boys seemed to enjoy just as much.
The cats were free for the taking! Will loved them. Waving at them, petting them, counting them and, here, identifying which were the parents and which were the babies.
There was a wonderful yard complete with a playhouse and slide. The boys were in heaven.
A goat sliding down a slide.
Dutch Wonderland. We didn't even need to give Will a coin to have fun "driving" the motorboats.


I love Will's face popping out of the house here.

Brigham and I realized that, if things ever get really bad, we could buy a house with cash and run a B&B in Amish Country.

Brigham loved the hammock. He realized that he never gets to just hang out with the kids like this. Fortunately for Porter, I suppose.
I love Will's happy smile as he extends his hands for the kitties.
Gathering eggs in the morning.

Rectangular trampolines are way bouncier than circular.


I hope they don't forget all the fun we had.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

how fun!!!!! I love the pictures!

Rach and Todd said...

Alexandra, do you ever feel outnumbered in that sea of boys? :) I have four older brothers, so these pics make me think of my cute mom with all those boys. You guys are adorable.

Momo Cannon said...

What a fun weekend! Those extra pounds on Will make him look so much older! Looks like everyone had a good time, I'm so glad that you got to go. It seems like a perfect vacation for the boys at their age!

Unknown said...

It sounds like the perfect getaway! My boys would have been begging to take one of those cats home. They're both afraid of dogs, especially little ones, but they love cats. It was so much fun talking to you the other day! Oh, and happy birthday in two more days! I hope you have a good one.

Gina said...

We have been thinking of doing a trip to Amish country. I'll have to get more info from you. I love the pictures, especially the one of the kids and Brigham on the hammock and Porter's position!

Erin said...

What a great trip! Love all the pictures! Your boys could not be any cuter :) Miss you guys!